As a part of the intake process, we screen the client determine the need and benefits available. Benefits such as food stamps, recertification, housing subsidies, Scree, etc. We assist each client directly or we direct them to the proper agency.
We assist them step-by-step in filling out applications and receiving benefits. Because many of our clients are unaware of their eligibility to qualify for additional social services assistance, we help them to obtain coverage under each program for which they meet the criteria.
The following is a partial list of the social services referrals we provide:
- We are a Food Stamp Electronic Submission Site – people seeking food stamps no longer have to travel to a food stamp office and wait long hours. We can process their food stamps at our facility electronically.
- Medicare/Medicaid – 512 clients over the past year. This includes Child Health Plus and the Extra Help Medicaid Program.
- Housing assistance (Section 8; Seniors Rent Increase Exemption Program – (SRIE); Disability Rent Increase Exemption Program – (DRIE).
- Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) – 179 clients over the past year.
- Additional programs such as Access-A-Ride, Safe Child Program.