Our Mission Statement
Food Pantry Plus Program In Brooklyn
Serving the Brooklyn Community in Bensonhurst. RCS provides services to low-income individuals and families in the five boroughs of New York City. It is instrumental that our clients receive the essential services support available to meet their needs in a compassionate way.
Services We Provide: View Full Service Descriptions
• “Supermarket Style Client-Choice” Food Pantry
• Food bank pantry
• Social Service assistance
• Electronic Food Stamp Site
• Nutrition and Health Education
• Free Tax Assistance
• F.E.A.T. (Firsthand Emergency Action Team)< Summer Tutoring
• Family Support Fund
We also provide compassionate, altruistic, and caring events such as:
• The Big Backpack Giveaway: Provide school supplies for children in need.
• Operation Gobbler Giving: Families receive a turkey with trimmings for Thanksgiving.
• Operation Christmas Smiles: Over 700 children of low-income families receive toys, food and refreshments, meet with Santa and holiday characters, entertainment (magic show, face painting, balloonist) arcade games and prizes.
What We Do
Watch a short video on what we do here at Reaching-Out Community Services in Brooklyn, New York and also check out our YouTube Channel for more videos.
Northfield Bank’s Banking for a Cause March Campaign
Partners with Reaching-Out Community Services. To learn more click Here.
BJ’s Grand Opening Services, September 12, 2014
Reaching-Out Community Services, Inc. calibrating the grand opening of BJ’s.
click here to see the video.
OPERATION GOBBLER GIVING
Sponsor a family of $20.00 to receive a turkey and a food package.
Every year Reaching-Out provides turkeys and all the trimmings to families that are in desperate need of help. Unfortunately, this year we are challenged with more families than ever. We are not able to provide a Thanksgiving dinner for every family because of the great increase in families that come to us for help. But there is a way we can possibly meet the needs and help provide a Thanksgiving dinner for all with your help and support. I’m reaching out to you for this support!!!! Would you be able to provide a donation of $20.00 or more to help a family receive a Thanksgiving dinner which we will distribute to those families that are facing hardship? This donation will go only for the sole purpose of providing a turkey and all the trimmings.
click here to make your donation.
click here to find out more information on how you can sponsor a family.
click here for the Thanksgiving Event Sponsorship Form.
click here for more information about our Thanksgiving Food Drive.
click here to see last year’s video.
9TH Annual Operation Christmas Smiles Party
Sponser a Child for $20
In a time when things are hard, we help put a smile on a childs face.
Event date December 20, 2014
Putting Smiles on The Faces of Children In Need For Christmas.
To make a donation using a credit card or paypal click Here
To donate by check click here and fill out the form.
- click here for Upcoming Events.
- Help in a committee: Become a volunteer. Call us to find out what you can do to help.
- Our monthly Newsletter contains important and relevant information regarding the continuing efforts of our dedicated staff, the communities we serve and the people we help in times of need.
Food Pantry Address
Reaching-Out Community Services
7708 New Utrecht Avenue
Brooklyn, New York 11214